Buckman recognizes that excellence in safety is crucial to our long-term success. We will ensure that research, manufacturing, administrative, and marketing activities will be accomplished without harm to our associates, to our customers, to the public, or to the environment.
Our golden principle is that all occupational injuries and illnesses can be prevented. To this end, we have set forth the following management principles:
- Managers are ultimately responsible for the safety of the people they manage, their customers, and the public.
- Managers will seek involvement by their associates in the elimination of hazards in the workplace.
- Safety education is vital to working safely. Everyone must be trained again and again.
- Safe behavior is a condition of employment.
- Safety will take precedence over expediency or shortcuts.
- Every attempt will be made to reduce the probability of incidents.
- Safeguards will be provided to ensure safe working conditions.
- Safety audits are a must. All deficiencies must be corrected promptly.
- Where appropriate, safety standards will be set and should be reviewed annually.