Buckman and its associates will strive to consistently achieve and maintain the highest standards of environmental protection.
Buckman is continually improving our environmental management practices, educating our associates in sound environmental procedures to ensure the responsible management of chemicals, and complying with environmental laws and regulations as well as our own high corporate standards. Buckman strives to:
- Implement appropriate environmental standards promulgated by national and international organizations.
- Conduct all of our business operations in such a way as to minimize any risk of adverse impact on the community and the environment.
- Foster openness and dialogue in responding to community concerns about chemicals and their use.
- Advise customers on the safe handling, use, and fate of our chemicals.
- Work diligently to resolve environmental issues that may arise from the handling, use, and fate of our chemicals.
- Develop and maintain emergency preparedness plans in cooperation with government officials.
- Manage natural resources to achieve their efficient use throughout our operations.
- Evaluate and, where appropriate, use technology in a timely fashion to enhance our environmental stewardship.
- Consider our suppliers' environmental performance when making procurement decisions.
- Assess environmental performance through periodic management audits.
- Review and take into account environmental performance when determining compensation of general managers, plant managers, product and process development managers, and other appropriate associates.
- Share our environmental expertise with our suppliers, customers, and community and empower them to be sustainable in their own lives and work.
- Pursue awards and recognition that acknowledge environmental excellence and leadership.