Unique and proprietary aqueous solutions of enzymes/surfactants/dispersants/passivators that break down stickies into water-soluble particles to prevent deposition on the machine clothing.
Buckman specialists work on-site to conduct necessary process surveys to ensure appropriate process conditions (retention time, pH, temperature, etc.) exist for the successful application of the products, and determine the most cost-effective application points. Application equipment is very straightforward, generally consisting of a pump and metering equipment.
Monitoring and Control Strategy
Stickies control chemistries give the papermaker many opportunities to improve overall equipment efficiency and reduce the total cost of operation by:
- Reducing downtime for cleaning
- Reducing off-quality product due to stickies
- Increasing length of time between solvent or other batch cleaning
- Reducing chemical costs for other cleaning chemistries
- Increasing post-consumer fiber substitution or other highly contaminated furnishes